Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Alexander County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Alexander County
      Zips: 
    62962
    62990
    62957
    62969
    62988
    62914
      Coordinates: 
    37.19156801899596, -89.33757962295343
      Area total: 
    252.59 sq. mi., 654.21 sq. km, 161658.24 acres
      Area land: 
    235.39 sq. mi., 609.67 sq. km, 150652.16 acres
      Area water: 
    17.20 sq. mi., 44.54 sq. km, 11006.08 acres
      Established: 
    1819
      Capital seat: 

    Cairo
    Address: 2000 Washington Ave
    County Courthouse
    Cairo, IL 62914-1717
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Alexander County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    5,240; Population change: -36.39% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    22 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $31,264
      Households: 
    6,447
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.80% per 1,918 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.25%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $180.50 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Alexander County's population of Illinois of 14,406 residents in 1930 has increased 1,16-fold to 16,725 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 46.49% female residents and 53.51% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.59% in Alexander County, Illinois are married and the remaining 33.41% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.59% in Alexander County, Illinois are married and the remaining 33.41% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    2,946 residential units of which 80.92% share occupied residential units.

    27.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Alexander County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.48% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.64% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.07% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.75% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Alexander County, Illinois 54.52% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.40% are rented apartments, and the remaining 25.08% are vacant.

  • The 36.12% of the population in Alexander County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 42.980%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 55.600%) of those eligible to vote in Alexander County, Illinois.

Skyline of Alexander County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Banana Boat

2610 Avenue G NW, Winter Haven, FL 33880

Blimpie Subs & Salads

305 Phenix Ave, Cranston, RI 02920

Cosi

104 Pheasant Run, Newtown, PA 18940

Camp Bagnell Pub and Grub

401 Old Bagnell Rd, Eldon, MO 65026

Ebenezer Ale House

4348 Seneca St, West Seneca, NY 14224

Landscape of Illinois