Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Effingham County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Effingham County
      Zips: 
    62426
    62461
    62473
    62443
    62424
    62467
    62411
    62401
      Coordinates: 
    39.05978197228379, -88.58985340562477
      Area total: 
    480.00 sq. mi., 1243.18 sq. km, 307196.80 acres
      Area land: 
    478.77 sq. mi., 1240.01 sq. km, 306412.80 acres
      Area water: 
    1.23 sq. mi., 3.17 sq. km, 784.00 acres
      Established: 
    1831
      Capital seat: 

    Effingham
    Address: 101 N 4Th St
    Courthouse
    Effingham, IL 62401-3482
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Effingham County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    34,668; Population change: 1.24% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    72 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,995
      Households: 
    8,123
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.60% per 19,265 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.50%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $2.03 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Effingham County's population of Illinois of 23,487 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,91-fold to 21,488 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 47.98% female residents and 52.02% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.14% in Effingham County, Illinois are married and the remaining 37.86% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.14% in Effingham County, Illinois are married and the remaining 37.86% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    15,314 residential units of which 92.18% share occupied residential units.

    18.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Effingham County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.73% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.70% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.31% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.18% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Effingham County, Illinois 70.12% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.85% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.02% are vacant.

  • The 71.47% of the population in Effingham County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 67.260%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 31.260%) of those eligible to vote in Effingham County, Illinois.

Skyline of Effingham County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Canna Bloom Cafe and Farmacy CBD

238 S Schuyler St, Neosho, WI 53059

Thorn Hill Tap House

105 VIP Drive, Wexford, PA 15090

Peonies Asian Fusion Cuisine And Sushi Bar

3361 S Redwood Rd, West Valley City, UT 84119

Sage Grill

1506 Encinitas Blvd, Encinitas, CA 92024

Kelly's Place

Haughton, LA 71037

Landscape of Illinois