Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Fayette County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Fayette County
      Zips: 
    62011
    62885
    62880
    62418
    62080
    62414
    62838
    62458
    62471
      Coordinates: 
    39.000178493673545, -89.0241201805823
      Area total: 
    725.29 sq. mi., 1878.50 sq. km, 464187.52 acres
      Area land: 
    716.44 sq. mi., 1855.57 sq. km, 458520.96 acres
      Area water: 
    8.85 sq. mi., 22.93 sq. km, 5666.56 acres
      Established: 
    1821
      Capital seat: 

    Vandalia
    Address: 221 S 7Th St
    County Courthouse
    Vandalia, IL 62471-2755
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 14 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Fayette County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    21,488; Population change: -2.94% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    30 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,068
      Households: 
    5,672
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.50% per 9,700 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $569.00 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Fayette County's population of Illinois of 15,489 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,87-fold to 13,534 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.66% female residents and 48.34% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.61% in Fayette County, Illinois are married and the remaining 36.39% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.61% in Fayette County, Illinois are married and the remaining 36.39% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    8,829 residential units of which 89.87% share occupied residential units.

    23.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Fayette County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.99% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.31% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.14% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.45% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Fayette County, Illinois 70.86% are owner-occupied homes, another 17.71% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.43% are vacant.

  • The 50.71% of the population in Fayette County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 56.810%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 40.980%) of those eligible to vote in Fayette County, Illinois.

Skyline of Fayette County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Speedy Café

213 N Urbana St, South Vienna, OH 45369

Mancino's Pizza & Grinders

9209 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville, TN 37931

Willie's Grill and Diner

220 OK-33, Thomas, OK 73669

Chappy's Deli

2737 US-280, Mountain Brook, AL 35223

Rey Ray's BBQ & Catering LLC

51 E Ave K, San Angelo, TX 76903

Landscape of Illinois