Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Henderson County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Henderson County
      Zips: 
    61460
    61471
    61425
    61437
    61454
    61418
    61469
    61480
      Coordinates: 
    40.81811393194698, -90.9251086420605
      Area total: 
    395.23 sq. mi., 1023.63 sq. km, 252945.28 acres
      Area land: 
    378.80 sq. mi., 981.08 sq. km, 242429.44 acres
      Area water: 
    16.43 sq. mi., 42.56 sq. km, 10515.84 acres
      Established: 
    1841
      Capital seat: 

    Oquawka
    Address: PO BOX 308
    County Courthouse
    Oquawka, IL 61469-0308
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Henderson County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    6,387; Population change: -12.88% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    17 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,550
      Households: 
    19,773
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.90% per 3,544 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $189.83 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Henderson County's population of Illinois of 43,851 residents in 1930 has increased 1,12-fold to 49,284 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.80% female residents and 49.20% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.02% in Henderson County, Illinois are married and the remaining 36.98% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.02% in Henderson County, Illinois are married and the remaining 36.98% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    3,357 residential units of which 84.42% share occupied residential units.

    27.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Henderson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.40% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.99% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool and 5.26% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Henderson County, Illinois 59.25% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.81% are rented apartments, and the remaining 24.94% are vacant.

  • The 33.57% of the population in Henderson County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 40.400%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 58.080%) of those eligible to vote in Henderson County, Illinois.

Skyline of Henderson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

YiFang Fruit Tea

1531 Main St Unit #6, Redwood City, CA 94063

Super Drive Inn

2036 S Highland Ave, Selma, CA 93662

Enoteca Emilia

110 S 2nd St suite i, Loveland, OH 45140

George's Pizza

563 Center St, Auburn, ME 04210

Tanner's Bar & Grill

17330 W Center Rd, Omaha, NE 68130

Landscape of Illinois