Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jersey County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Jersey County
      Zips: 
    62030
    62028
    62022
    62031
    62037
    62052
      Coordinates: 
    39.085474296274256, -90.35646437618293
      Area total: 
    377.51 sq. mi., 977.75 sq. km, 241607.04 acres
      Area land: 
    369.66 sq. mi., 957.42 sq. km, 236582.40 acres
      Area water: 
    7.85 sq. mi., 20.33 sq. km, 5024.64 acres
      Established: 
    1839
      Capital seat: 

    Jerseyville
    Address: 201 W Pearl St
    County Courthouse
    Jerseyville, IL 62052-1662
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 12 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Jersey County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    21,512; Population change: -6.41% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    58 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $51,073
      Households: 
    9,630
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.40% per 10,678 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $516.85 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jersey County's population of Illinois of 20,235 residents in 1930 has increased 1,09-fold to 22,035 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.56% female residents and 50.44% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.91% in Jersey County, Illinois are married and the remaining 36.09% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.91% in Jersey County, Illinois are married and the remaining 36.09% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    9,754 residential units of which 88.70% share occupied residential units.

    31 minutes is the average time that residents in Jersey County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.55% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.03% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.51% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.73% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jersey County, Illinois 69.01% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.82% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.17% are vacant.

  • The 51.74% of the population in Jersey County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 50.350%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 47.640%) of those eligible to vote in Jersey County, Illinois.

Skyline of Jersey County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Paco's Place

1527 E Harris Ave, San Angelo, TX 76903

Restaurant

603 N McLean Blvd, Memphis, TN 38107

Capt. Ron's Pirate Pizza

16757 OH-664 S, Logan, OH 43138

Sapa Asian Express

9160 N Fwy, Fort Worth, TX 76177

Rest Ur Rump

580 W Cleveland St, St Johns, AZ 85936

Landscape of Illinois