Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

McHenry County

Mc Henry County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    McHenry County
      Zips: 
    60039
    60050
    60050
    60011
    60013
    60098
    60013
    60014
    60072
    60180
    60034
    60051
    60097
    60042
    60051
    60021
    60071
    60051
    60081
    60012
    60152
    60033
    60156
    60013
    60142
    60102
    60098
    60050
    60014
      Coordinates: 
    42.32435029062761, -88.4524196627659
      Area total: 
    611.07 sq. mi., 1582.66 sq. km, 391083.52 acres
      Area land: 
    603.40 sq. mi., 1562.79 sq. km, 386172.80 acres
      Area water: 
    7.67 sq. mi., 19.87 sq. km, 4910.72 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Woodstock
    Address: 2200 N Seminary Ave
    County Government Center
    Woodstock, IL 60098-2637
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 25 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • McHenry County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    310,229; Population change: 0.48% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    514 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $74,395
      Households: 
    63,689
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.30% per 158,406 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.50%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $10.30 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • McHenry County's population of Illinois of 73,117 residents in 1930 has increased 2,34-fold to 170,954 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.38% female residents and 48.62% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.46% in McHenry County, Illinois are married and the remaining 44.54% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.46% in McHenry County, Illinois are married and the remaining 44.54% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    119,708 residential units of which 95.47% share occupied residential units.

    35.1 minutes is the average time that residents in McHenry County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.25% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.55% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 3.05% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.94% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in McHenry County, Illinois 79.51% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.78% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.71% are vacant.

  • The 46.49% of the population in McHenry County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.560%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.910%) of those eligible to vote in McHenry County, Illinois.

Skyline of McHenry County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Soluna

7959 Broadway #204, San Antonio, TX 78209

Noodle Lounge

22 E Golf Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60173

Copper Penny Grill Rutherfordton

131 N Washington St, Rutherfordton, NC 28139

Ted E's Burgers & More

7420 N Beach St, Fort Worth, TX 76137

Cowgirl Cafe

501 Orchard Rd, Nipomo, CA 93444

Landscape of Illinois