Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Somerset County

  •   State: 
    Maryland
      County: 
    Somerset County
      Zips: 
    21866
    21890
    21867
    21866
    21824
    21821
    21838
    21822
    21871
    21817
    21853
      Coordinates: 
    38.080065982927515, -75.853470737976
      Area total: 
    610.35 sq. mi., 1580.80 sq. km, 390624.00 acres
      Area land: 
    319.75 sq. mi., 828.15 sq. km, 204639.36 acres
      Area water: 
    290.60 sq. mi., 752.65 sq. km, 185984.64 acres
      Established: 
    1666
      Capital seat: 

    Princess Anne
    Address: 11916 Somerset Ave Ste 111
    Princess Anne, MD 21853-1300
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Somerset County, Maryland, United States

  •   Population: 
    24,620; Population change: -6.99% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    77 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,742
      Households: 
    8,957
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.30% per 8,720 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.90%
      GDP: 
    $893.63 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Somerset County's population of Maryland of 23,382 residents in 1930 has increased 1,05-fold to 24,620 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 46.31% female residents and 53.69% male residents live in as of 2020, 53.00% in Somerset County, Maryland are married and the remaining 47.00% are single population.

    As of 2020, 53.00% in Somerset County, Maryland are married and the remaining 47.00% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    10,895 residential units of which 76.49% share occupied residential units.

    25.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Somerset County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.55% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.12% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.15% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.50% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Somerset County, Maryland 56.56% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.27% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.17% are vacant.

  • The 28.82% of the population in Somerset County, Maryland who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 50.760%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 48.160%) of those eligible to vote in Somerset County, Maryland.

Skyline of Somerset County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Whataburger

1520 Keller Pkwy, Keller, TX 76248

Bayview Pub

5355 Bayview Rd, Celina, OH 45822

Ramblin Rose Cafe

265 N Findley St, Punxsutawney, PA 15767

Flat River Cafe

9580 Hurdle Mills Rd, Hurdle Mills, NC 27541

Memphis Pig Out

67 First Ave, Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716

Landscape of Maryland