Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Kent County

  •   State: 
    Michigan
      County: 
    Kent County
      Zips: 
    49315
    49316
    49502
    49510
    49530
    49560
    49588
    49514
    49518
    49468
    49317
    49516
    49355
    49515
    49351
    49316
    49519
    49525
    49501
    49326
    49546
    49506
    49509
    49544
    49534
    49548
    49343
    49330
    49302
    49306
    49508
    49512
    49345
    49319
    49331
    49301
    49544
    49316
    49519
    49534
    49509
    49321
    49507
    49505
    49508
    49506
    49315
    49341
    49512
    49504
    49548
    49525
    49418
    49546
    49503
      Coordinates: 
    43.032156426798274, -85.54929637128907
      Area total: 
    871.94 sq. mi., 2258.32 sq. km, 558042.88 acres
      Area land: 
    848.88 sq. mi., 2198.58 sq. km, 543280.00 acres
      Area water: 
    23.07 sq. mi., 59.74 sq. km, 14762.88 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Grand Rapids
    Address: 300 Monroe Ave Nw
    County Administration Building
    Grand Rapids, MI 49503-2206
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 19 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Kent County, Michigan, United States

  •   Population: 
    657,974; Population change: 9.19% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    775 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $49,943
      Households: 
    228,285
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.60% per 357,123 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.35%
      GDP: 
    $38.85 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Kent County's population of Michigan of 240,511 residents in 1930 has increased 2,74-fold to 657,974 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.45% female residents and 49.55% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.87% in Kent County, Michigan are married and the remaining 43.13% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.87% in Kent County, Michigan are married and the remaining 43.13% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    265,002 residential units of which 94.96% share occupied residential units.

    22.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Kent County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.38% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.25% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.06% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.11% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Kent County, Michigan 66.54% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.22% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.24% are vacant.

  • The 50.83% of the population in Kent County, Michigan who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.920%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 49.440%) of those eligible to vote in Kent County, Michigan.

Skyline of Kent County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Two Guys Grille

8254 Market St, Wilmington, NC 28411

Breakfast in bed by LaCole odums LLC

115 E Market St, Akron, OH 44308

Groucho's Deli

913 Front St, Georgetown, SC 29440

Winks Ice Cream

4626 N Va Dare Trail, Kitty Hawk, North Carolina 27949

Bills BBQ Dream

849 Glenn Pkwy, Hollywood, FL 33021

Landscape of Michigan