Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Livingston County

  •   State: 
    Michigan
      County: 
    Livingston County
      Zips: 
    48816
    48844
    48816
    48143
    48139
    48137
    48353
    48855
    48836
    48169
    48114
    48843
    48116
      Coordinates: 
    42.602917557533615, -83.91152758355284
      Area total: 
    585.41 sq. mi., 1516.19 sq. km, 374659.84 acres
      Area land: 
    565.25 sq. mi., 1464.00 sq. km, 361761.28 acres
      Area water: 
    20.15 sq. mi., 52.20 sq. km, 12898.56 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Howell
    Address: 304 E Grand River Ave Ste 201
    Howell, MI 48843-2488
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Livingston County, Michigan, United States

  •   Population: 
    193,866; Population change: 7.13% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    343 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $71,351
      Households: 
    68,243
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.80% per 99,598 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.35%
      GDP: 
    $6.45 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Livingston County's population of Michigan of 19,274 residents in 1930 has increased 10,06-fold to 193,866 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.75% female residents and 50.25% male residents live in as of 2020, 67.04% in Livingston County, Michigan are married and the remaining 32.96% are single population.

    As of 2020, 67.04% in Livingston County, Michigan are married and the remaining 32.96% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    78,441 residential units of which 94.67% share occupied residential units.

    33.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Livingston County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    87.51% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 7.61% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.18% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.47% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Livingston County, Michigan 81.89% are owner-occupied homes, another 10.96% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.14% are vacant.

  • The 35.57% of the population in Livingston County, Michigan who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.790%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 42.500%) of those eligible to vote in Livingston County, Michigan.

Skyline of Livingston County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Tequila Factory

5655 W Valencia Rd, Tucson, AZ 85757

AJ's on the Bayou

200 Eglin Pkwy NE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547

Bills Lunch

18 N 2nd St, Coplay, PA 18037

Cowgirl Cafe

501 Orchard Rd, Nipomo, CA 93444

El Burrito Loco

1971 E Beltline Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525

Landscape of Michigan