Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Calhoun County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Calhoun County
      Zips: 
    38955
    38913
    38914
    38839
    38951
    38878
    38915
    38916
      Coordinates: 
    33.936450092315006, -89.33644529079145
      Area total: 
    587.96 sq. mi., 1522.81 sq. km, 376293.76 acres
      Area land: 
    586.57 sq. mi., 1519.22 sq. km, 375406.72 acres
      Area water: 
    1.39 sq. mi., 3.59 sq. km, 887.04 acres
      Established: 
    1852
      Capital seat: 

    Pittsboro
    Address: PO BOX 8
    County Courthouse
    Pittsboro, MS 38951-0008
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Calhoun County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    13,266; Population change: -11.34% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    23 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $30,126
      Households: 
    5,952
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.10% per 5,598 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $259.86 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Calhoun County's population of Mississippi of 18,080 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,73-fold to 13,266 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.82% female residents and 48.18% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.23% in Calhoun County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 43.77% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.23% in Calhoun County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 43.77% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    6,720 residential units of which 82.49% share occupied residential units.

    26.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Calhoun County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.21% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 19.97% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.29% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.46% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Calhoun County, Mississippi 64.52% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.12% are rented apartments, and the remaining 15.36% are vacant.

  • The 77.05% of the population in Calhoun County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 63.510%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 35.850%) of those eligible to vote in Calhoun County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Calhoun County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Uncle Julio's Gainesville

13920 Promenade Commons St, Gainesville, VA 20155

Papa Gino's

100 Maplewood St, Malden, MA 02148

Project Social Kitchen & Bar

278 Main St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609

The Park House Kitchen + Bar

201 W University St #2665, Siloam Springs, AR 72761

Cleary's Pub

113 S Main St, Chelsea, MI 48118

Landscape of Mississippi