Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Hinds County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Hinds County
      Zips: 
    39289
    39296
    39207
    39060
    39286
    39298
    39282
    39296
    39058
    39205
    39217
    39225
    39269
    39210
    39215
    39236
    39272
    39066
    39041
    39175
    39170
    39203
    39154
    39272
    39212
    39213
    39204
    39209
    39202
    39056
    39206
    39211
    39201
    39216
      Coordinates: 
    32.26670177630004, -90.44282107775277
      Area total: 
    877.28 sq. mi., 2272.15 sq. km, 561459.84 acres
      Area land: 
    869.83 sq. mi., 2252.85 sq. km, 556691.20 acres
      Area water: 
    7.45 sq. mi., 19.30 sq. km, 4768.64 acres
      Established: 
    1821
      Capital seat: 

    Jackson and Raymond
    Address: PO BOX 686
    Chancery Court Building
    Jackson, MS 39205-0686
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Hinds County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    227,742; Population change: -7.15% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    262 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,638
      Households: 
    90,738
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.30% per 104,391 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $11.07 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Hinds County's population of Mississippi of 85,118 residents in 1930 has increased 2,68-fold to 227,742 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.66% female residents and 47.34% male residents live in as of 2020, 47.71% in Hinds County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 52.29% are single population.

    As of 2020, 47.71% in Hinds County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 52.29% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    106,134 residential units of which 87.41% share occupied residential units.

    23.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Hinds County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.99% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.18% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.83% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.65% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Hinds County, Mississippi 57.56% are owner-occupied homes, another 30.08% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.36% are vacant.

  • The 54.78% of the population in Hinds County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 30.260%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 69.240%) of those eligible to vote in Hinds County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Hinds County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Main St Oasis

130 Main St, Oxford, NC 27565

Italian Infusion Café

609 N Riverside Dr, Española, NM 87532

Farmer & The Fish

245 Park Ave S, New York, NY 10003

Suttle's Road Hog BBQ

2008 W Dewitt Henry Dr, Beebe, AR 72012

Freddie's Diner & The Main Event

120 W Main St, Eagle Point, OR 97524

Landscape of Mississippi