Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lauderdale County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Lauderdale County
      Zips: 
    39304
    39326
    39303
    39302
    39335
    39320
    39309
    39342
    39364
    39325
    39307
    39305
    39301
      Coordinates: 
    32.40428620569996, -88.66254166497488
      Area total: 
    715.15 sq. mi., 1852.24 sq. km, 457697.92 acres
      Area land: 
    703.67 sq. mi., 1822.51 sq. km, 450351.36 acres
      Area water: 
    11.48 sq. mi., 29.73 sq. km, 7346.56 acres
      Established: 
    1833
      Capital seat: 

    Meridian
    Address: 410 Constitution Ave
    County Courthouse
    Meridian, MS 39301-5161
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Lauderdale County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    72,984; Population change: -9.07% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    104 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $32,730
      Households: 
    30,038
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.50% per 29,638 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $2.98 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lauderdale County's population of Mississippi of 52,748 residents in 1930 has increased 1,38-fold to 72,984 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.12% female residents and 47.88% male residents live in as of 2020, 53.72% in Lauderdale County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 46.28% are single population.

    As of 2020, 53.72% in Lauderdale County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 46.28% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    33,462 residential units of which 87.83% share occupied residential units.

    22.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Lauderdale County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.15% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.50% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.36% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.57% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lauderdale County, Mississippi 59.33% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.60% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.07% are vacant.

  • The 64.48% of the population in Lauderdale County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 59.140%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 40.260%) of those eligible to vote in Lauderdale County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Lauderdale County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Theorita

834 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA 94117

Sinbad Deli & Café

Glendora, CA 91741

Restaurante Chapín

112 E 30th St, Covington, KY 41015

Sun ramen & sushi bar

7578 Winnetka Ave, Winnetka, CA 91306

Toby's Sub Shop

1397 W Main Rd, Middletown, Rhode Island 02842

Landscape of Mississippi