Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lee County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Lee County
      Zips: 
    38803
    38802
    38862
    38857
    38879
    38849
    38826
    38868
    38866
    38804
    38801
      Coordinates: 
    34.28988825366787, -88.68041640442586
      Area total: 
    453.18 sq. mi., 1173.72 sq. km, 290032.00 acres
      Area land: 
    449.97 sq. mi., 1165.40 sq. km, 287977.60 acres
      Area water: 
    3.21 sq. mi., 8.31 sq. km, 2054.40 acres
      Established: 
    1866
      Capital seat: 

    Tupelo
    Address: PO BOX 1785
    County Courthouse
    Tupelo, MS 38802-1785
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Lee County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    83,343; Population change: 0.52% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    185 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,625
      Households: 
    31,458
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.10% per 41,347 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $4.56 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lee County's population of Mississippi of 35,313 residents in 1930 has increased 2,36-fold to 83,343 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.81% female residents and 48.19% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.47% in Lee County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 40.53% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.47% in Lee County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 40.53% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    37,261 residential units of which 89.90% share occupied residential units.

    20.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Lee County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.53% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.18% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.24% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.86% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lee County, Mississippi 64.45% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.73% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.82% are vacant.

  • The 65.52% of the population in Lee County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 64.910%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 34.390%) of those eligible to vote in Lee County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Lee County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Mariscos Los Cuates

217 3rd Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91910

Charleys

210 S Grain Ave, Crosbyton, TX 79322

Robby J's Bistro

705 SW Bonnett Way # 1150, Bend, OR 97702

Buccardo's

173 Main St, Tidioute, PA 16351

Mason's Dumpling Shop

9655 E Montview Blvd, Aurora, CO 80010

Landscape of Mississippi