Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Rankin County

  •   State: 
    Rankin County
    32.26412452355851, -89.94579824341064
      Area total: 
    806.09 sq. mi., 2087.75 sq. km, 515895.04 acres
      Area land: 
    775.50 sq. mi., 2008.52 sq. km, 496316.80 acres
      Area water: 
    30.59 sq. mi., 79.23 sq. km, 19578.24 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 305 E Government St
    County Courthouse
    Brandon, MS 39042-3155
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Rankin County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    157,031; Population change: 10.88% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    202 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.30% per 74,377 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $5.86 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Rankin County's population of Mississippi of 20,353 residents in 1930 has increased 7,72-fold to 157,031 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.96% female residents and 49.04% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.68% in Rankin County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 39.32% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.68% in Rankin County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 39.32% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    63,611 residential units of which 93.74% share occupied residential units.

    27.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Rankin County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.92% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.05% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.22% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.67% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Rankin County, Mississippi 72.44% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.35% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.21% are vacant.

  • The 52.12% of the population in Rankin County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 76.290%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 22.780%) of those eligible to vote in Rankin County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Rankin County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226


6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Texas Café

1510 N Commerce St, Harlingen, TX 78550


1510 W Walnut Ave, Dalton, GA 30720

Bowen's Pizza

219 E 47th St, Chicago, IL 60653

Kitchen of India

5540 N Main St, Mishawaka, IN 46545

Parakeet Cafe

927 Silverado St, La Jolla, CA 92037

Landscape of Mississippi