Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Essex County

  •   State: 
    New Jersey
      County: 
    Essex County
      Zips: 
    07007
    07051
    07019
    07007
    07101
    07006
    07021
    07043
    07028
    07106
    07108
    07112
    07043
    07068
    07078
    07009
    07006
    07107
    07017
    07006
    07044
    07079
    07050
    07114
    07041
    07040
    07104
    07018
    07109
    07103
    07110
    07111
    07003
    07039
    07042
    07102
    07052
    07105
    07004
      Coordinates: 
    40.787210809430846, -74.24706607021025
      Area total: 
    129.42 sq. mi., 335.20 sq. km, 82828.80 acres
      Area land: 
    126.09 sq. mi., 326.56 sq. km, 80694.40 acres
      Area water: 
    3.34 sq. mi., 8.64 sq. km, 2134.40 acres
      Established: 
    1683
      Capital seat: 

    Newark
    Address: 465 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
    Hall Of Records
    Newark, NJ 07102-1735
    Governing Body: Board of Freeholders with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Essex County, New Jersey, United States

  •   Population: 
    863,728; Population change: 10.17% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    6843.5 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $55,226
      Households: 
    275,249
      Unemployment rate: 
    11.70% per 373,943 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.97%
      GDP: 
    $52.07 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Essex County's population of New Jersey of 833,513 residents in 1930 has increased 1,04-fold to 863,728 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.89% female residents and 48.11% male residents live in as of 2020, 49.16% in Essex County, New Jersey are married and the remaining 50.84% are single population.

    As of 2020, 49.16% in Essex County, New Jersey are married and the remaining 50.84% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    334,896 residential units of which 93.44% share occupied residential units.

    33.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Essex County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    61.34% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.19% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 18.82% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.77% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Essex County, New Jersey 41.13% are owner-occupied homes, another 49.87% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.00% are vacant.

  • The 54.22% of the population in Essex County, New Jersey who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 23.400%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 75.910%) of those eligible to vote in Essex County, New Jersey.

Skyline of Essex County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Love & War in Texas

601 E Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX 75074

The Cube BBQ

1520 Central Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106

The Pub Maple Park

221 Main St, Maple Park, IL 60151

Little New Orleans Kitchen & Oyster Bar

5042 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746

Seasons Innovative Bar & Grille

11605 Parkside Dr, Knoxville, TN 37934

Landscape of New Jersey