Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Los Alamos County

  •   State: 
    New Mexico
      County: 
    Los Alamos County
      Zips: 
    87545
    87547
    87544
    87544
      Coordinates: 
    35.869315485950544, -106.30734506667606
      Area total: 
    109.29 sq. mi., 283.05 sq. km, 69943.04 acres
      Area land: 
    109.21 sq. mi., 282.84 sq. km, 69891.84 acres
      Area water: 
    0.08 sq. mi., 0.21 sq. km, 51.20 acres
      Established: 
    1949
      Capital seat: 

    Los Alamos
    Address: 1000 Central Avenue
    Los Alamos, NM
    Governing Body: City Council with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Los Alamos County, New Mexico, United States

  •   Population: 
    19,419; Population change: 8.18% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    178 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $98,299
      Households: 
    7,713
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.70% per 9,974 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.06%
      Income taxes: 
    5.30%
      GDP: 
    $2.25 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Los Alamos County's population of New Mexico of 5,636 residents in 1930 has increased 3,45-fold to 19,419 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.52% female residents and 50.48% male residents live in as of 2020, 69.19% in Los Alamos County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 30.81% are single population.

    As of 2020, 69.19% in Los Alamos County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 30.81% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    8,634 residential units of which 94.36% share occupied residential units.

    17 minutes is the average time that residents in Los Alamos County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.23% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.36% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.25% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.01% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Los Alamos County, New Mexico 71.49% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.67% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.83% are vacant.

  • The 79.45% of the population in Los Alamos County, New Mexico who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 45.750%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 52.620%) of those eligible to vote in Los Alamos County, New Mexico.

Skyline of Los Alamos County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Islamorada Fish Company

6425 Daniel Burnham Dr, Portage, IN 46368

Big D's Smokehouse

1321 W Main St, Ville Platte, LA 70586

Lombard Cafe

112 N 14th St, Herrin, IL 62948

Plaza Garibaldi

5051 Main St, Shallotte, NC 28470

Celebrity Lounge and Family Dining

158 Pointe Royale Dr, Branson, MO 65616

Landscape of New Mexico