Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Erie County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Erie County
      Zips: 
    14205
    14151
    14231
    14010
    14038
    14035
    14061
    14112
    14140
    14231
    14261
    14169
    14240
    14091
    14110
    14217
    14134
    14027
    14206
    14069
    14102
    14263
    14223
    14223
    14055
    14215
    14260
    14034
    14139
    14226
    14025
    14006
    14170
    14221
    14033
    14085
    14026
    14030
    14080
    14081
    14111
    14047
    14070
    14218
    14208
    14219
    14057
    14228
    14227
    14219
    14032
    14001
    14068
    14212
    14218
    14004
    14204
    14217
    14201
    14224
    14059
    14211
    14227
    14141
    14223
    14217
    14210
    14213
    14220
    14072
    14031
    14209
    14051
    14222
    14206
    14214
    14226
    14228
    14226
    14216
    14086
    14225
    14207
    14225
    14052
    14215
    14043
    14224
    14203
    14221
    14075
    14127
    14202
    14150
    14221
      Coordinates: 
    42.75823659679622, -78.7796595136252
      Area total: 
    1226.86 sq. mi., 3177.54 sq. km, 785187.20 acres
      Area land: 
    1042.73 sq. mi., 2700.65 sq. km, 667344.64 acres
      Area water: 
    184.13 sq. mi., 476.89 sq. km, 117842.56 acres
      Established: 
    1821
      Capital seat: 

    Buffalo
    Address: 25 Delaware Ave
    Rath Building
    Buffalo, NY 14202-3926
    Governing Body: Legislature with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Erie County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    954,236; Population change: 3.83% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    915 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,245
      Households: 
    370,117
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.50% per 439,291 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.75%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $53.93 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Erie County's population of New York of 762,408 residents in 1930 has increased 1,25-fold to 954,236 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.81% female residents and 48.19% male residents live in as of 2020, 54.79% in Erie County, New York are married and the remaining 45.21% are single population.

    As of 2020, 54.79% in Erie County, New York are married and the remaining 45.21% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    438,747 residential units of which 92.09% share occupied residential units.

    23.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Erie County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.17% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.54% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 3.88% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.15% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Erie County, New York 58.49% are owner-occupied homes, another 30.17% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.34% are vacant.

  • The 71.58% of the population in Erie County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 40.460%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 57.990%) of those eligible to vote in Erie County, New York.

Skyline of Erie County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Slim's

143 E Main St, Warren, IL 61087

Erbert and Gerberts

3000 32nd Ave S, Grand Forks, ND 58201

Noodles and Company

1055 Pearson Dr, Hudson, WI 54016

Carnitas Michoacanas

7385 Stewart and Gray Rd, Downey, CA 90241

Yoshinoya Sepulveda & Western

1603 Sepulveda Blvd, Torrance, CA 90501

Landscape of New York