Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Sullivan County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Sullivan County
      Zips: 
    12767
    12781
    12722
    12784
    12736
    12745
    12778
    12769
    12743
    12766
    12785
    12787
    12724
    12738
    12741
    12742
    12750
    12770
    12777
    12752
    12792
    12765
    12749
    12720
    12791
    12751
    12762
    12763
    12768
    12732
    12747
    12733
    12783
    12759
    12740
    12786
    12726
    12737
    12719
    12789
    12734
    12788
    12764
    12775
    12748
    12776
    12779
    12723
    12721
    12790
    12758
    12754
    12701
      Coordinates: 
    41.716422108404636, -74.76811175472973
      Area total: 
    996.72 sq. mi., 2581.50 sq. km, 637902.08 acres
      Area land: 
    968.14 sq. mi., 2507.46 sq. km, 619607.68 acres
      Area water: 
    28.59 sq. mi., 74.03 sq. km, 18294.40 acres
      Established: 
    1809
      Capital seat: 

    Monticello
    Address: 100 North St
    County Government Center
    Monticello, NY 12701-1163
    Governing Body: Legislature with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Sullivan County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    78,624; Population change: 1.39% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    81 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $47,136
      Households: 
    29,755
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.80% per 35,758 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $2.81 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Sullivan County's population of New York of 35,272 residents in 1930 has increased 2,23-fold to 78,624 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.42% female residents and 50.58% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.89% in Sullivan County, New York are married and the remaining 43.11% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.89% in Sullivan County, New York are married and the remaining 43.11% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    49,125 residential units of which 61.44% share occupied residential units.

    30 minutes is the average time that residents in Sullivan County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.00% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.43% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.36% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.81% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Sullivan County, New York 41.83% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.20% are rented apartments, and the remaining 38.97% are vacant.

  • The 42.96% of the population in Sullivan County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 44.580%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 54.040%) of those eligible to vote in Sullivan County, New York.

Skyline of Sullivan County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Capone's Speakeasy

214 W Main St, Branson, MO 65616

BurgerIM

11000 Crow Canyon Rd Suite G, Danville, CA 94506

Cheng Co-Tee

316 S Berry St, Stillwater, OK 74074

Parco LTD

998 Fremont Ave, Dubuque, IA 52003

Wing House

8727 US-29, Hull, GA 30646

Landscape of New York