Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Ransom County

  •   State: 
    North Dakota
      County: 
    Ransom County
      Zips: 
    58068
    58033
    58027
    58054
      Coordinates: 
    46.456154935374954, -97.65740018414596
      Area total: 
    863.86 sq. mi., 2237.38 sq. km, 552867.20 acres
      Area land: 
    862.47 sq. mi., 2233.79 sq. km, 551982.08 acres
      Area water: 
    1.38 sq. mi., 3.58 sq. km, 885.12 acres
      Established: 
    1873
      Capital seat: 

    Lisbon
    Address: PO BOX 668
    County Courthouse
    Lisbon, ND 58054-0668
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Ransom County, North Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    5,703; Population change: 4.51% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    6.61 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $48,599
      Households: 
    2,291
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.10% per 2,867 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.54%
      GDP: 
    $283.60 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Ransom County's population of North Dakota of 10,983 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,52-fold to 5,703 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.03% female residents and 51.97% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.64% in Ransom County, North Dakota are married and the remaining 37.36% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.64% in Ransom County, North Dakota are married and the remaining 37.36% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    2,536 residential units of which 88.56% share occupied residential units.

    17 minutes is the average time that residents in Ransom County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    72.85% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.32% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool and 7.82% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Ransom County, North Dakota 65.03% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.69% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.29% are vacant.

  • The 88.55% of the population in Ransom County, North Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 41.020%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 56.350%) of those eligible to vote in Ransom County, North Dakota.

Skyline of Ransom County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Erbert and Gerberts

1433 Commercial Blvd, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729

Finn's Grill

199 Old Greenville Hwy, Clemson, SC 29631

Gumri Shish Kabob

13256 Victory Blvd, Valley Glen, CA 91401

Roots

33 SE 3rd Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33483

Park's Seafood Riverside

1112 Riverside Dr, Holly Hill, FL 32117

Landscape of North Dakota