Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Mifflin County

  •   State: 
    Pennsylvania
      County: 
    Mifflin County
      Zips: 
    17054
    17029
    17075
    17002
    17099
    17063
    17841
    17051
    17009
    17084
    17004
    17044
      Coordinates: 
    40.6104149777965, -77.61702969868584
      Area total: 
    414.72 sq. mi., 1074.11 sq. km, 265418.24 acres
      Area land: 
    411.05 sq. mi., 1064.60 sq. km, 263068.80 acres
      Area water: 
    3.67 sq. mi., 9.51 sq. km, 2349.44 acres
      Established: 
    1789
      Capital seat: 

    Lewistown
    Address: 20 N Wayne St
    County Courthouse
    Lewistown, PA 17044-1770
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Mifflin County, Pennsylvania, United States

  •   Population: 
    46,143; Population change: -1.15% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    112 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,183
      Households: 
    18,676
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.40% per 21,146 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    3.57%
      GDP: 
    $1.63 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Mifflin County's population of Pennsylvania of 40,335 residents in 1930 has increased 1,14-fold to 46,143 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.36% female residents and 48.64% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.42% in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 38.58% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.42% in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 38.58% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    21,313 residential units of which 88.32% share occupied residential units.

    23.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Mifflin County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.88% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.04% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.29% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.65% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania 66.12% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.02% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.87% are vacant.

  • The 44.52% of the population in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 66.230%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 32.570%) of those eligible to vote in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania.

Skyline of Mifflin County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Plantation House of Pancakes

1501 S Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Madre Mia Veggie Cafe & Juice Bar

4344 W 63rd St, Chicago, IL 60629

The Highland Grille

10 Highland Ave, Turner, ME 04282

G & T Management Co

200 Renaissance Center # 3145, Detroit, MI 48243

Paeng Ngaam Thai Kitchen

959 Hempstead Turnpike, Franklin Square, NY 11010

Landscape of Pennsylvania