Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

ZIP Code 87549

Zip code area 87549 in Ojo Caliente, Rio Arriba County, NM

  •   State: 
    New Mexico
      Counties: 
    Rio Arriba County
    ,
    Taos County
      Cities: 
    Ojo Caliente
      Counties all: 
    Rio Arriba | Taos
      County FIPS: 
    35039 | 35055
      Area total: 
    13.074 sq mi
      Area land: 
    128.12 sq mi
      Area water: 
    0.262 sq mi
      Elevation: 
    77 feet
  •   Latitude: 
    36,6372
      Longitude: 
    -105,8449
      Dman name cbsa: 
    Taos NM
      Timezone: 
    Mountain Standard Time (MST) UTC-7:00; Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) UTC-6:00
      Coordinates: 
    36.2414, -106.01215
      GMAP: 

    New Mexico 87549, USA

  •   Population: 
    1,023 individuals
      Population density: 
    .69 people per square miles
      Households: 
    547
      Housing units: 
    590 residential housing units
      Veterans: 
    1.0% of residents who are veterans

The ZIP 87549 is a West ZIP code and located in the preferred city/town Ojo Caliente, Rio Arriba County, New Mexico with a population estimated today at about 359 peoples. The preferred city may be different from the city where the zip code 87549 is located. Ojo Caliente is usually the name of the main post office. When sending a package or mail, always indicate your preferred or accepted cities. Using any city from the list of invalid cities may result in delays.

  • Living in the postal code area 87549 of Ojo Caliente, Rio Arriba County, New Mexico 51.6% of population who are male and 48.4% who are female.

    The median age for all people, for males & for females based on 2020 Census data. Median is the middle value, when all possible values are listed in order. Median is not the same as Average (or Mean).

  • Household income staggered according to certain income ranges.

    The median commute time of resident workers require for a one-way commute to work in minutes.

    The distribution of different age groups in the population of the zip code area of Ojo Caliente, Rio Arriba County 87549.

    The percentage distribution of the population by race.

    Estimated residential value of individual residential buildings as a percentage.

    The age of the building does not always say something about the structural condition of the residential buildings.

    The percentage of education level of the population.

Rio Arriba County

  •   State: 
    New Mexico
      County: 
    Rio Arriba County
      Zips: 
    87554
    87515
    87516
    87518
    87533
    87581
    87523
    87548
    87539
    87012
    87017
    87029
    87551
    87531
    87537
    87530
    87549
    87511
    87578
    87527
    87582
    87510
    87575
    87566
    87522
    87528
    87520
    87532
      Coordinates: 
    36.509580115742864, -106.69308381690749
      Area total: 
    5896.19 sq. mi., 15271.06 sq. km, 3773560.32 acres
      Area land: 
    5860.87 sq. mi., 15179.59 sq. km, 3750958.72 acres
      Area water: 
    35.32 sq. mi., 91.47 sq. km, 22601.60 acres
      Established: 
    1852
      Capital seat: 

    Tierra Amarilla
    Address: 1122 Industrial Park Rd
    County Annex Building
    Espanola, NM 87532-3453
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, United States

  •   Population: 
    40,363; Population change: 0.29% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    6.89 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,074
      Households: 
    15,759
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.10% per 16,816 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.06%
      Income taxes: 
    5.30%
      GDP: 
    $1.41 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Rio Arriba County's population of New Mexico of 21,381 residents in 1930 has increased 1,89-fold to 40,363 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.83% female residents and 49.17% male residents live in as of 2020, 51.43% in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 48.57% are single population.

    As of 2020, 51.43% in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 48.57% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    19,545 residential units of which 82.49% share occupied residential units.

    31 minutes is the average time that residents in Rio Arriba County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    69.85% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 19.98% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.35% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.64% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico 68.54% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.10% are rented apartments, and the remaining 16.36% are vacant.

  • The 61.43% of the population in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 24.120%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 74.990%) of those eligible to vote in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico.

Ojo Caliente

  •   State: 
    New Mexico
      County: 
    Rio Arriba County
      City: 
    Ojo Caliente
      County all: 
    Rio Arriba | Taos
      County FIPS: 
    35039 | 35055
      Coordinates: 
    36°18′11″N 106°02′49″W
  •   Latitude: 
    36,6372
      Longitude: 
    -105,8449
      Dman name cbsa: 
    Taos, NM
      Timezone: 
    Mountain Standard Time (MST) UTC-7:00; Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) UTC-6:00
      ZIP codes: 
    87549
      GMAP: 

    Ojo Caliente, Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, United States

  •   Population: 
    5,045

Ojo Caliente is an unincorporated community in Taos County, New Mexico, United States. The community lies along U.S. Route 285 near the Rio Grande between Española and Taos, approximately 50 miles (80 km) north of Santa Fe. It is known for its OjoCaliente Hot Springs, one of the oldest health resorts in North America. Tewa tradition holds that its pools provided access to the underworld. The resort's buildings are on the National Register of Historic Places. The nearby Ojo caliente Round Barn, built in 1924, is also listed on theNational Register. It was built by Frank Mauro, who purchased the springs in 1932 and it remained a family business for three generations. The springs are located on the banks of the Rio Rio Grande, about 50 miles north of the state capital of SantaFe. The town is located in the northern part of the Taos Mountains, near the border with New Mexico's largest city, Taos. It has a population of about 2,000 people (as of the 2010 census). The community is located near the junction of Interstate 20 and U.N. Highway 285, about 30 miles (50 km) from Santa Fe, the state's capital and the nearest major airport, La Guardia. The nearest airport is Santa Fe Airport, about 20 miles (30 km) to the north, on the other side of the river, on I-20. The closest airport is Taos International, about 10 miles (15 km) away.

Description

Ojo Caliente is one of the oldest health resorts in North America. Tewa tradition holds that its pools provided access to the underworld. Frank Mauro purchased the springs in 1932, and it remained a family business for three generations. The resort's buildings are on the National Register of Historic Places. The nearby OjoCaliente Hot Springs Round Barn, built in 1924, is also listed on theNational Register. The community lies along U.S. Route 285 near the Rio Grande between Española and Taos, approximately 50 miles (80 km) north of Santa Fe, the state capital. It is known for its Ojo caliente hot Springs. The town is located on the banks of the River Rio Grande, which flows through the center of the town. It has a population of about 2,000 people, most of whom live in or near the town of Ojocaliente, about 30 miles (50 km) from the city of Taos.

  • Ojo Caliente's population in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico of 9,705 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,52-fold to 5,045 residents after 120 years, according to the official 2020 census.

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

The Chow Brothers

Bank of America Plaza, 540 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60661

Wall Street Drink Exchange

890 Elm Grove Rd, Elm Grove, WI 53122

Sushi Sara

18351 TX-249 H, Houston, TX 77070

Jason's Deli

823 Gervais St, Columbia, SC 29201

Wing Fiesta

3300 K Ave, Plano, TX 75074