Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Bedford County

  •   State: 
    Bedford County
    37.3151523744179, -79.52417224148346
      Area total: 
    776.35 sq. mi., 2010.72 sq. km, 496860.80 acres
      Area land: 
    760.08 sq. mi., 1968.61 sq. km, 486453.12 acres
      Area water: 
    16.26 sq. mi., 42.12 sq. km, 10407.68 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 122 E Main St
    County Administration Building
    Bedford, VA 24523-2000
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Bedford County, Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    79,462; Population change: 15.71% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    105 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.10% per 37,737 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $1.90 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Bedford County's population of Virginia of 25,681 residents in 1930 has increased 3,09-fold to 79,462 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.21% female residents and 49.79% male residents live in as of 2020, 70.42% in Bedford County, Virginia are married and the remaining 29.58% are single population.

    As of 2020, 70.42% in Bedford County, Virginia are married and the remaining 29.58% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    37,249 residential units of which 87.21% share occupied residential units.

    29.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Bedford County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    85.22% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.46% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.26% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.04% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Bedford County, Virginia 75.76% are owner-occupied homes, another 11.64% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.59% are vacant.

  • The 34.48% of the population in Bedford County, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 68.160%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 30.750%) of those eligible to vote in Bedford County, Virginia.

Skyline of Bedford County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226


6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies


1115 Sampson St, Westlake, LA 70669

Sweet Peppers Deli

921 W Main St, Tupelo, MS 38801


4550 S Highland Dr, Holladay, UT 84117

Village Baker

11486 District Dr #300, South Jordan, UT 84095


724 Dublin St, New Orleans, LA 70118

Landscape of Virginia