Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Essex County

  •   State: 
    Virginia
      County: 
    Essex County
      Zips: 
    22509
    22436
    22476
    22504
    23115
    22436
    22437
    22438
    22454
    22560
      Coordinates: 
    37.93917457490924, -76.94106578953233
      Area total: 
    285.97 sq. mi., 740.65 sq. km, 183018.88 acres
      Area land: 
    257.09 sq. mi., 665.86 sq. km, 164536.32 acres
      Area water: 
    28.88 sq. mi., 74.80 sq. km, 18482.56 acres
      Established: 
    1692
      Capital seat: 

    Tappahannock
    Address: PO BOX 1079
    County Courthouse
    Tappahannock, VA 22560-1079
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 4 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Essex County, Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    10,599; Population change: -4.95% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    41 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $47,472
      Households: 
    4,574
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.00% per 5,488 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.75%
      GDP: 
    $369.31 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Essex County's population of Virginia of 6,976 residents in 1930 has increased 1,52-fold to 10,599 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.74% female residents and 47.26% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.05% in Essex County, Virginia are married and the remaining 40.95% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.05% in Essex County, Virginia are married and the remaining 40.95% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    5,742 residential units of which 79.62% share occupied residential units.

    34.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Essex County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.45% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.28% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.16% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.94% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Essex County, Virginia 61.91% are owner-occupied homes, another 17.75% are rented apartments, and the remaining 20.34% are vacant.

  • The 40.72% of the population in Essex County, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 44.350%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 54.700%) of those eligible to vote in Essex County, Virginia.

Skyline of Essex County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Brannon's

119 Essex St, New York, 10002

Checkers

2835 Washtenaw Ave, Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Billionaire Burger Boyz Compton

811 S Long Beach Blvd, Compton, CA 90221

Bajah Hollywood

6801 Hollywood Blvd UNIT 317, Los Angeles, CA 90028

Smile Cafe Breakfast & Lunch

4198 William Penn Hwy, Easton, PA 18045

Landscape of Virginia