Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Fairfax County

  •   State: 
    Virginia
      County: 
    Fairfax County
      Zips: 
    20153
    22158
    22106
    22081
    20171
    22309
    22161
    20192
    22116
    20192
    22183
    22009
    20172
    22122
    20195
    20153
    22121
    22313
    20122
    22309
    22044
    22079
    22312
    22151
    20171
    22310
    22027
    22152
    22041
    20194
    22308
    22181
    22182
    22060
    22102
    22307
    20124
    22303
    22039
    22152
    22124
    22315
    22153
    20120
    22066
    22309
    22151
    22043
    22044
    20121
    22306
    22310
    22041
    22015
    22312
    22079
    20171
    22150
    22042
    20191
    22180
    20170
    22003
    22101
    20190
    22182
    22102
    20151
      Coordinates: 
    38.83456628539372, -77.27621946538807
      Area total: 
    406.49 sq. mi., 1052.81 sq. km, 260155.52 acres
      Area land: 
    391.01 sq. mi., 1012.70 sq. km, 250244.48 acres
      Area water: 
    15.49 sq. mi., 40.11 sq. km, 9911.04 acres
      Established: 
    1742
      Capital seat: 

    Fairfax
    Address: 12000 Government Center Pkwy
    County Government Center
    Fairfax, VA 22035-0066
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 10 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Fairfax County, Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    1,150,309; Population change: 6.34% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    2,942 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $105,002
      Households: 
    370,559
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.80% per 628,397 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.75%
      GDP: 
    $nan, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Fairfax County's population of Virginia of 20,171 residents in 1930 has increased 57,03-fold to 1,150,309 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.64% female residents and 49.36% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.26% in Fairfax County, Virginia are married and the remaining 37.74% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.26% in Fairfax County, Virginia are married and the remaining 37.74% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    427,149 residential units of which 96.23% share occupied residential units.

    33.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Fairfax County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    73.63% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.04% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 7.23% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.13% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Fairfax County, Virginia 67.06% are owner-occupied homes, another 28.40% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.54% are vacant.

  • The 41.59% of the population in Fairfax County, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 38.930%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 60.120%) of those eligible to vote in Fairfax County, Virginia.

Skyline of Fairfax County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Sushi Ohana

1422 NE Broadway, Portland, OR 97232

Crust & Craft

18701 Coastal Hwy, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971

Petite León

3800 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55409

Shirley's Classic Grille

300 MN-25, Brainerd, MN 56401

Grass Skirt Grill

66-460 Kamehameha Hwy, 66-214 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712

Landscape of Virginia