Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Harrisonburg City

  •   State: 
    Virginia
      County: 
    Harrisonburg City
      Zips: 
    22803
    22807
    22802
    22801
      Coordinates: 
    38.436196522748446, -78.87347075053826
      Area total: 
    17.39 sq. mi., 45.04 sq. km, 11129.60 acres
      Area land: 
    17.34 sq. mi., 44.91 sq. km, 11096.96 acres
      Area water: 
    0.05 sq. mi., 0.13 sq. km, 32.64 acres
  • Harrisonburg City, Virginia, United States

  •   Household income: 
    $34,714
      Households: 
    14,476
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.00%
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.75%
  • Harrisonburg City's population of Virginia of 30,707 residents in 1990 has increased 1,69-fold to 51,814 residents after 30 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.29% female residents and 47.71% male residents live in as of 2020, 36.93% in Harrisonburg City, Virginia are married and the remaining 63.07% are single population.

    As of 2020, 36.93% in Harrisonburg City, Virginia are married and the remaining 63.07% are single population.

  • 16.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Harrisonburg City require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    71.18% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.82% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 3.36% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.60% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Harrisonburg City, Virginia 36.23% are owner-occupied homes, another 57.76% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.01% are vacant.

  • The 31.01% of the population in Harrisonburg City, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 41.210%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 57.540%) of those eligible to vote in Harrisonburg City, Virginia.

Skyline of Harrisonburg City

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Cluck Bucket

88 S Pere Marquette Hwy, Ludington, MI 49431

Mike's Corner

1017 Beech St, Gaffney, SC 29340

The Glendon Bar & Kitchen

1071 Glendon Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024

Drop Zone Cafe & bar

1804 E Carson, San Antonio, TX 78208

Torpedo Town Diner

1783 WA-308 NE # NE, Keyport, WA 98345

Landscape of Virginia