Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Fayette County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Fayette County
      Zips: 
    25057
    25837
    26690
    26680
    25907
    25115
    25118
    25119
    25185
    26690
    25864
    25864
    25879
    25904
    25986
    25040
    25090
    25139
    25866
    25161
    25173
    25002
    25031
    25059
    25855
    25868
    25938
    25846
    25831
    25862
    25085
    25976
    25917
    25186
    25854
    25812
    25136
    25840
    25901
      Coordinates: 
    38.02877492854031, -81.0811565348305
      Area total: 
    668.35 sq. mi., 1731.01 sq. km, 427742.72 acres
      Area land: 
    661.61 sq. mi., 1713.57 sq. km, 423432.32 acres
      Area water: 
    6.74 sq. mi., 17.44 sq. km, 4310.40 acres
      Established: 
    1831
      Capital seat: 

    Fayetteville
    Address: PO BOX 307
    County Courthouse
    Fayetteville, WV 25840-0307
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Fayette County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    40,488; Population change: -12.06% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    61 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $32,471
      Households: 
    18,903
      Unemployment rate: 
    10.00% per 16,264 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $1.00 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Fayette County's population of West Virginia of 72,050 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,56-fold to 40,488 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.95% female residents and 50.05% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.93% in Fayette County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 42.07% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.93% in Fayette County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 42.07% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    19,089 residential units of which 86.13% share occupied residential units.

    29.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Fayette County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.13% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.78% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.40% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.96% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Fayette County, West Virginia 66.54% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.55% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.91% are vacant.

  • The 33.43% of the population in Fayette County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 50.400%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 47.660%) of those eligible to vote in Fayette County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Fayette County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Oriental Express

25014 W Dorris Ave, Coalinga, CA 93210

Marsha's Cafe

917 Manvel Ave, Chandler, OK 74834

Sofia's of Little Italy

143 Mulberry St, New York, NY 10013

La Casita 2

115 E 2nd St, Dumas, TX 79029

Jay's Beef of Harwood Heights

4418 N Narragansett Ave, Harwood Heights, IL 60706

Landscape of West Virginia