Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Hancock County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Hancock County
      Zips: 
    26056
    26050
    26034
    26047
    26062
      Coordinates: 
    40.52185444435996, -80.57389243703125
      Area total: 
    87.97 sq. mi., 227.84 sq. km, 56299.52 acres
      Area land: 
    82.61 sq. mi., 213.96 sq. km, 52869.76 acres
      Area water: 
    5.36 sq. mi., 13.88 sq. km, 3429.76 acres
      Established: 
    1848
      Capital seat: 

    New Cumberland
    Address: PO BOX 485
    County Courthouse
    New Cumberland, WV 26047-0485
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Hancock County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    29,095; Population change: -5.15% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    352 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,010
      Households: 
    12,925
      Unemployment rate: 
    10.00% per 13,131 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $1.27 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Hancock County's population of West Virginia of 28,511 residents in 1930 has increased 1,02-fold to 29,095 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.77% female residents and 48.23% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.62% in Hancock County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 40.38% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.62% in Hancock County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 40.38% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    14,241 residential units of which 89.87% share occupied residential units.

    23.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Hancock County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    86.91% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.78% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.94% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.77% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Hancock County, West Virginia 68.82% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.03% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.15% are vacant.

  • The 49.18% of the population in Hancock County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 56.870%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 41.630%) of those eligible to vote in Hancock County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Hancock County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Ashley's Kitchen

400 9th St, New Kensington, PA 15068

Submarine Express

17041 Main St, Hesperia, CA 92345

Samurai Noodle House

1047 Mohave Valley Hwy, Bullhead City, AZ 86429

Mahoney's Grub House

8701 E Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421

Bri's Boulangerie

1090 Rancho Dr, Ojai, CA 93023

Landscape of West Virginia