Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Kanawha County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Kanawha County
      Zips: 
    25026
    25083
    25317
    25323
    25325
    25327
    25330
    25333
    25364
    25365
    25083
    25079
    25132
    25134
    25322
    25328
    25356
    25083
    25110
    25339
    25362
    25396
    25160
    25162
    25214
    25326
    25061
    25102
    25201
    25054
    25126
    25156
    25086
    25103
    25107
    25202
    25075
    25112
    25039
    25067
    25320
    25315
    25035
    25315
    25320
    25305
    25389
    25306
    25045
    25015
    25303
    25313
    25312
    25387
    25313
    25071
    25309
    25314
    25143
    25064
    25309
    25303
    25311
    25304
    25302
    25177
    25301
      Coordinates: 
    38.33655178682409, -81.52810230496003
      Area total: 
    910.92 sq. mi., 2359.27 sq. km, 582988.80 acres
      Area land: 
    901.63 sq. mi., 2335.22 sq. km, 577044.48 acres
      Area water: 
    9.29 sq. mi., 24.06 sq. km, 5944.32 acres
      Established: 
    1789
      Capital seat: 

    Charleston
    Address: 407 Virginia Street, East
    County Courthouse
    Charleston, WV 25301-2524
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Kanawha County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    180,745; Population change: -6.38% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    200 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $41,690
      Households: 
    83,118
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.90% per 82,800 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $9.83 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Kanawha County's population of West Virginia of 157,667 residents in 1930 has increased 1,15-fold to 180,745 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.04% female residents and 47.96% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.14% in Kanawha County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 43.86% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.14% in Kanawha County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 43.86% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    90,294 residential units of which 87.90% share occupied residential units.

    23.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Kanawha County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.62% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.27% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.17% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.23% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Kanawha County, West Virginia 62.76% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.99% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.24% are vacant.

  • The 33.24% of the population in Kanawha County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 49.410%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 48.980%) of those eligible to vote in Kanawha County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Kanawha County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2153 Companies
855 Counties
1459 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Country Kitchen

606 W B St, McCook, NE 69001

Tepe Taco

2233 Pacific Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806

Opus One

565 Larned St, Detroit, MI 48226

Culver's

6830 Whitmore Lake Rd, Brighton, MI 48116

De Afghanan Kabob House

1372 Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Other Companies

Gran-Gran's Country Kitchen

1229 Rockmart Hwy, Cedartown, GA 30125

Bellaire Cafe 2

9820 Gulf Fwy, Houston, TX 77034

Jason's Deli

2702 E Fowler Ave Ste B, Tampa, FL 33612

Stasko's Top Shelf & Catering

402 S Poplar St REAR, Hazleton, PA 18201

High Hopes Farm

1132 Huntington Rd, Worthington, MA 01098

Landscape of West Virginia